Puns are the purest expression of love, so how could I not create a second delightfully catchy recipe title? Gingerbread Jims are based off of the popular gingerbread cookie recipe, and feature the Moriartea fandom blend from Adagio.
Disclaimer: The heart was burned out of this gingerbread man postmortem.
If ever you get frustrated with the delicate measurements of organized crime, or you just want to charm the cutie working in St Bart’s morgue, Gingerbread Jims come highly recommended by all consultants as the solution.
What to make your sniper buy:
- 2 ¼cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Moriartea (brewed)
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Moriartea (the leaves)
What to make your sniper do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, then set it to the side.
- In a larger bowl, mix the butter and 1 cup of sugar. Once it is completely mixed, add the egg, the tablespoon of brewed tea and the molasses.
- Gradually mix the flour combination into the larger bowl.
- Place the cookie doe in a refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the 3 tablespoons of tea leaves in a blender. Blend the combination until it’s a fine powder, then pour into a small bowl.
- Take the cookie doe and roll chunks of it into balls about 1 inch long.
- Roll the chunks in the sugar-tea leaves mix and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
Makes about 24 soft cookies that are so good it’s criminal.