Because I have a thing for baking and puns, I went ahead and created a new fandom-tea baking recipe, based off of the classic snickerdoodle recipe. The tea I used was “the Colonel” tea blend.
Sniperdoodles are a must have for any stake out, pool side show down or assassination. These bad boys will lift your spirits, especially when your boss calls you Sherlock during sexy times.
What you’ll need to steal:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tbsp Colonel Tea (the leaves, not the brew)
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Approx. 1-2 tbs nutmeg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Let the oven preheat to 350 degrees.
- Mix the 1 ½ cups sugar, eggs and butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Put your Colonel tea in a coffee blender (or whatever you have available) until it is chopped down to a very fine powder.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and tea powder in a smaller bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the butter mix while blending them together. It helps to add only about a third of the flour mix at a time.
- Put your cooking pan and cookie doe in the fridge (or freezer if you’re impatient) to chill for about ten minutes.
- While the cookie doe hardens, mix together the 3tbsp of sugar with the cinnamon.
- Take both your pan and cookie doe out of the fridge. Make a 1in ball of your cookie doe and roll it around the sugar/cinnamon mix.
- Put the doe on the cookie pan and sprinkle a bit of nutmeg over each one.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, take the cookies off of the pan immediately.
Makes about 32 soft cookies.